This recipe is an LLN favorite! There are so many variations you can do with this one recipe, so feel free to make it your own! The veggie options for this dish are endless. Use any kind of sausage you want and then choose to eat it by itself, over rice or quinoa.
(Again, you can use whatever veggies or potatoes you have on hand or that your family prefers. This is what I used on mine! Some other great veggies: zucchini, carrots, sweet potatoes, cauliflower)
1 Large Red Bell Pepper
1/2 Sweet Onion
1/2 lb Teeny Tiny Potatoes
1 Head of Broccoli
16 ounces Chicken Sausages (again, any kind of sausage would work here!)
Rice or Quinoa, optional
1/2 tablespoon EACH: dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley (substitute: I used 1 1/2 tablespoons of my Italian seasoning)
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
4 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with foil for easy clean-up and set aside.
- Prep the veggies: The key here is to cut all the veggies up into smaller bite size pieces so that they cook evenly and crisp up in the oven. See below for sizing reference- nothing should be larger than a quarter size.
- Pour all of the veggies and sausage in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine all of the seasonings, salt and pepper with the olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mix all over the bowl of veggies and sausage to coat evenly.
- Pour the seasoned veggies and sausage onto your sheet pan. Place in the heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and toss the veggies and return to the oven for another 10 – 20 minutes or until the veggies are crisp.
- Remove and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve on top of rice or quinoa, if desired!
- Pro Tip: Add yum, yum sauce (shrimp sauce) and sriracha to bump up the flavor!
If you make one of our recipes be sure to tag us on social media and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you all! #LLNRecipe