This recipe is pretty easy to execute, healthy and of course super tasty. It’s definitely a staple in the LLN kitchens! You can also cook shrimp, chicken, tofu or any other favorite type of meat or seafood with this fried rice. It’s versatile and interchangeable depending on your preferences.
Cod- I usually get 1 lb of fresh cod but we have recently been purchasing frozen bags of vacuum sealed fish fillets to have on hand and they are pretty tasty (3 fillets to a bag)
Rice- I use boil in bag whole grain brown rice but any rice you have will work
Veggies- 1/2 Red pepper, 1/2 onion, 1 can corn, 1 can black beans, garlic
Optional Add-Ons- Egg, Avocado
Optional Seasoning/Sauces- Butter, Soy Sauce, Yum Yum Sauce, Sriracha, Sesame Seed, Garlic Salt, Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 385°. While oven is preheating, chop veggies and place cod on foiled baking sheet topped with olive oil, garlic salt, pepper and (optional) butter.
2. Once oven is preheated, toss in the cod and set timer for 15-20 mins depending on how hot your oven tends to run.
3. Add olive oil to sautéing pan to cook down minced garlic over low-med heat. Once it starts to heat up and simmer, throw in veggies- red pepper, onion and corn. Raise heat a bit if needed.
4. Start cooking rice with necessary method. (Boil in bag takes 10 minutes.) Once cooked, add rice to pan with sautéing veggies to fry up. Add egg on one side of pan to fry if desired. Mix together when egg is cooked. *Optional: add some butter, soy sauce, garlic salt, pepper and sesame seed to rice and veggies.*
5. Add in drained black beans right before fried rice is ready.
6. Top rice/veggies with cooked cod and chopped avocados.
7. I finish mine off with some yum yum sauce and sriracha for a spicy kick! Enjoy!
If you make one of our recipes be sure to tag us on social media and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you all! #LLNRecipe